Watch as our house develops over time as we utilize the space and views of the property. I will be sharing as we go along so
you will be able to see the changes and thoughts we encounter as go down this path of designing a holistic home that is responsible in every aspect that is affordable to the average consumer.
Here is this the starting list of what we look to accomplish….
PROJECT PROGRAM / GREEN FEATURES
- SprayRock Structural System & Shell – Steel & Concrete, Low Maintenance, Strong, Resilient, Healthy, No Wood Preventing Bug Infestation, High R-Values Create Thermally Efficient Building Envelope
- Passive Solar Design – Faces South, South East – Wide Porch for Max Natural Shaded Light, No Direct Sunlight, Reducing West Sun
- North – South alignment to Minimize Southern Exposure & Heat Gain / Catches Prevailing Winds – as Breeze Flows Through House.
- Thermal Mass Walls – Vertical Through Building – Centrally Located for Max Effect – Continual micro zone Temperature Regulated (Timed Intervals) Thermostat Monitored
- North Side to Bring in Natural Light – Minimal Direct Sunlight (No Sun Heat Gain)
- Deep Terraces, South Side, for Max Shading / Avoid Direct Sunlight to Interior – Min Sun Exposure & Heat Gain
- Inverter Heat Pump System – for Both Cooling & Heating. Humidity and Air Filtration to Ensure Clean Air
- Humidity Control System / Passive Humidity Control
- Computer Modeling to Optimize Design and to Monitor & Control Mechanical & Electrical Systems
- Natural Lighting From All Sides of Building, Especially N & S of Building
- Pool for Recreation and as a Heat Sink – To Be Part of The Geothermal System & Circulation Into Thermal Mass Walls Inside The House.
- Fully Networked Ethernet Cabling and Adequate Strong Wi-Fi Points for System Monitoring Throughout
- 2-Story Central Interior Space for Warm Air to Rise
- Solar Hot Water – Storage Tank & On-Demand Circulating Loop. Circulation of Hot Water Throughout House to Plumbing Fixtures / Push Button Activated When Needed in Kitchen and Bathrooms
- 3/4” Insulation on Hot Water Pipes Throughout
- Solar Photo Voltaic – Electricity Generation
- Battery Storage – Electricity Storage (Allows Independence From FPL / No Need for Back-Up Generator)
- Interior Lighting – Occupancy / Vacancy Sensors – Motion Sensor Activated & Automatic Shut Off – LED Bulbs
- Focused Task Lighting and Low Ambient Lighting to Reduce Energy Usage – LED Bulbs
- Exterior Lighting – Day Night Function – LED Bulbs – DARK Sky friendly
- Recycled Composite Terrace Decking & Railings, etc.
- Rain Water Collection in Cistern for potable Water Usage, Irrigation, Supplement Waste Treatment if Water is Needed.
- Irrigation – Sub Surface Drip (or Controlled Gravity Fed) Irrigation to Eliminate Evaporation by Sun. Rain Sensor (possibly soil Moisture Sensor) to Cut Off Water Flow When Moisture Content of Soil is Adequate all gray water
- Bamboo Flooring at Interior – Renewable Resource (5 to 6 Year only to Harvest)
- Materials to Minimize Dust & Dirt
- Large ‘Big Ass Fans’ to Move Air with Minimal Energy Usage / Spins in Reverse Over Living Room to Draw Warm Air Upward
- Waste Treatment – New aerobic advanced system with NSF 350 effluent for use in toilets and irrigation eliminating the need for grey water system.
- Pool – Salt Water sanitation System – Uses no Chlorine More Environmentally Friendly
- Energy Star Appliances
- Landscaping to Utilize Zero-Scaping Practices for 70% of Landscaped Area / Group or ‘Hydro Zone’ Plants to Their Water Requirements
- Aquaponic System for fish, produce and spirulina production
- Low Flow Shower Heads / Dual Flush Toilets or 1.3 gpf Toilets
- Designated Separate Recycle Bins in Built Into Kitchen Cabinets
- Radiant Barrier Usage if Possible
- 41 Low-E (Soft Coat) Windows & Doors / Vinyl Construction for Less Heat Transfer and Thermal Break
- Roof Decking Contentious – No Plywood or Particle Board
- Low Dispersion Light Fixtures for Driveway, Porches, etc. to Reduce Light Pollution & Glare (protect DARK sky) – to Preserve Night Views to Bridge, Sky, etc. / Porch Lights Illuminate Surface with Low Recessed Wall Lights (LED Wireless Dimming Capability)
- Landscape & Driveway Lights can be Independent Solar Fixtures (LED Wireless Dimming Capability
- Concrete Foundation & Slab to Have 25% + Fly Ash Mixed Into Concrete, Reduces Permeability, Reduces Amount of Water in Mix, Increases Strength, Minimizes Corrosion of Steel